Friday, September 30, 2011

What a Challenge!!!

For the first time I had a go at 123 Challenge and this months challenge was

Word - On
Colour - White
Technique - White Space

and I thought it was a great challenge and it is but wow was it hard for me!I always admire those layouts with lots of white space and minimal embellies, they look so striking. But I wanted to keep on adding .......... lol. I even added some colour - beige/light brown, so its still subtle. So enough waffling, here it is....



And some close ups, not many as the technique is white space.....lol





I have used a bit of this and a bit of that, some yummy new Prima, Collections butterflies, Prima stamps, Martha Stewart tags, Kaisercraft frame and doilie, ZVA Creative pearl swirl which I cut and finished it off with some hand stitching all the way around.

I am glad I persevered, thats what a challenge is about afterall? I am pretty happy with it now :)

Thank you for popping by and for your lovely comments!

2 comments:

  1. OH! WOW! Colleen....
    Simply DIVINE!!!!
    The hand stitching around the edge VERY VERY NICE... Love it!!
    The white space is GORGEOUS... I do white space well.... LOL!
    Hope you have a WONDERFUL Weekend!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Colleen! You've done a fantastic job with the criteria. Very striking! :)

    ReplyDelete