Sunday, November 28, 2010

A moment of silence.....

I was busy with a LO for one of Bo Bunny's challenges, 'things you love'. It has been on my desk for a while because of life just being busy and during this time I have been following the tragedy of 29 NZ miners being trapped. It really touched my heart and my thoughts and prayers are with those that have lost a loved one and have been affected by this terrible loss.
So I have journalled about the things I love, even coffee got a mention but I am also grateful for all these little and big things that are dear to me!



I machine stitched lace all the way around, about a third of the way I did think to myself, what am I thinking? But I am happy with the end result, with some inking, distressing and lots of layering with some hand made flowers too. Here is a close up...



And I thought I would share a pic of my DD in one of her costumes for her concert, this is what has been keeping me extremely busy but the concert is now finished and I should now have heaps more time:)



Thanks for popping by, hope you all had a fabulous weekend and I will be back later to visit everyone's blogs!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO Colleen!! The lace border and hand made flowers look gorgeous!! Your daughter looks fabulous in her outfit... very funky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! love your layout. It was a tragedy about the miners! And how cute is your DD!! Love the outfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS layout!!! Love the stitching! ANd the flowers are just awesome.

    Dont I know all about dance concerts!! I cant wait till its all over! First year for all of us!! Take care, Nadia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous layout and I love the photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Love all the details, the stitching and rolled flowers. The NZ mining tragedy was just so sad. I followed the story closely too.

    ReplyDelete