Friday, October 15, 2010

Lets Get Shabby

I found Lets Get Shabby blog via my 'Maxine Melange' newsletter so I had a peek - wow, there is some amazing inspiration and talent - beautiful work!!!!

This is my LO for challenge #16



There were 3 parts to the challenge, first you had to choose your kitchen - I chose kitchen 2 and then use 3 dominant colours from it - light pink, darker pink/red and green. A piece of fabric - behind my cluster of flowers is some pink tulle. Lastly you had to include 2 die cut shapes - my title 'Breathtaking' and the pink circle (sassafras lass die cut from my stash)are my 2 die cut shapes.

I painted some gesso over my green patterned paper to tone it down as it was a bit too bright, there is lots of stitching - not sure if you can see this, yummy Dusty Attic pieces and lots of gorgeous flowers!!!

Thank you for popping by and have a fab weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO Colleen. Love the softness created with the colour washed pp's!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's blue eyes!!! I love this LO!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Let Get Shabby this months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous. Love all your embellies. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful LO. Perfect colour combo. beautiful photo, every element on your page placed beautifully. Thanks for joining in at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful....
    Thanks for playing with us at shabby!
    Hugs from france
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Love the colour and use of gesso! What a beautiful photo! Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful your shabby chic LO! The torn photo and title matt are such lovely details.
    Hope to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html

    ReplyDelete